Sunday, September 2, 2012

The End (of this blog)

This is my 618th post.

I started this blog as a way to promote my shop, and as a creative outlet for myself. But for the past several months, it has just felt like one more obligation and responsibility. I've tried to scale back and not post every day, but I couldn't shake off the feeling that I was somehow obligated to. Somewhere along the line, it stopped being as fun!

In this new season of life, trying to juggle between being a good teacher and being a good mom, I find that my priorities have shifted away from my shop and this blog.

So.... it is with bitter-sweet feelings that I'm ending this blog.

Not to worry though! You can still follow me on Twitter! And I have another blog that my husband and I update sporadically to keep in touch with our friends and family. If you'd like the URL, just shoot me a quick email (sarah at yesteachercrafts dot com)

I've really enjoyed this blogging journey with you all! I will continue to cherish the connections and community that I've made here. Thank you to my faithful supporters/commenters (you know who you are!) for your friendship!

15 comments:

  1. Awww...I'll miss your blog!! But proud of you for putting family first!!! Disregard that email i sent you today, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me a little sad but you have to do what makes you happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-( Sorry to hear, but you have to do what's right for your family and you are certainly at a point in your life where priorities are changing!! I will miss seeing your happy posts and fun finds and the sweet baby pics.

    Wishing you all the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heavy sigh...
    While I will miss you and your blog, I completely understand on all levels. Life is about changes and doing what's best at any given moment. God bless you and your family, my friend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely understand where you are coming from. I hope that you will enjoy your time teaching and being a mommy! I've enjoyed reading your blog. Good luck with all the great things to come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no!!! this make me so sad...I'd love to read about you and your family...
    But...I can understand priority in life changes...
    I wish you all the best Sarah!!!!!
    Love, Dany.
    p.s. can you email me the link of your other blog please?
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw i will miss you but i totally understand. good for you for making your family a priority. :)gina

    ReplyDelete
  8. We'll miss you, but we definitely understand! I'll be sure to check in with you on Twitter. Now, go and enjoy your family!!! :)

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will miss reading this little blog of yours Sarah!! But your happiness is all that matters!! I'll be talking to you on twitter!! :) Lots of love doll!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. How bittersweet. I will certainly miss reading you're log, but it sounds like a decision made for the better. I'm glad youlllsteillbe around twitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah! I'm sad to see you go, but you've gotta do what feels right to you! Many prayers going to your family sweety. You were always one of my favorite bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you for choosing the 'better part'. The blogging world will still be around if you ever decide to come back.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sarah--
    I wish you and your family the best! I understand all to well about the juggle. I will miss peeking in our your blog-- luckily I still have you on Twitter :)
    Best Wishes!!!
    xo~ Adina

    ReplyDelete
  14. We will miss you, but we are happy for you! Life changes and we must change with it. ((HUGS)) Best wishes for you and your family! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. you're fabulous, sweetie.
    wishing you oh so well in this next chapter of your journey!

    thanks for being so great.
    we'll miss you!
    k. @ rikrak

    ReplyDelete