Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Craft show

I've never done a craft show before, have you? I would like to at some point in the future, but I think there's a lot I need to do beforehand (can you tell I like to plan ahead?).

First, I need to make sure I have enough products. Then, I need to research how best to display my cards, etc. Those are the things that come immediately to mind, but I'm guessing there are a whole bunch of other variables to consider.

So even though I've never been a seller at a craft show before, I have been a SHOPPER at one. And that doesn't take much talent at all!

I'm really excited about the upcoming Jingle Bash put on by Dallas-based Etsy artists. I went to one last spring and had a ball. There's just something about perusing the works of dozens and dozens talented artists that sets my heart a flutter. 
Plus, the holidays are right around the corner and I'm totally in shopping mode, aren't you?!

6 comments:

  1. I haven't done one either - but also have one coming up - I've been wondering the same thing - what is the best way to display cards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always seem to be too late to sign up as a vendor! You said Dallas area....do you have a list somewhere of Texas area craft shows!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I did!! If I ever come across one, I'll let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I will let you know if I find one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! I just did my second one today and I didn't even make my table fee. I think it just wasn't a big crowd, although many children wanted to buy my plushies, and their parents said no. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never done one either but definitely love shopping at them!!! The etsy forums usually have lots of threads about craft shows with tons of advice!! :)

    ReplyDelete