Saturday, July 2, 2011

Yummilicious Quesadillas

I have a recipe to share with you today! My husband whipped this up for us recently, and I couldn't resist snapping some pictures before we scarfed it all down!


Here's what you'll need (for 2 people):

  • 4 tortillas
  • 1/2 a red onion, chopped
  • 1 cup frozen corn (or from a can - whatever)
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese (or monterey or whatever tickles your fancy)
  • 1/4 cup cilantro
  • Optional spices, to taste: oregano, garlic powder, cumin, black pepper, pinch of salt, squeeze of lime
  • Optional garnish: guacamole and sour cream
Step one: Fry up the onions and corn in some olive oil. Spread over the tortilla. Sprinkle on the cilantro.


Step two: Sprinkle with cheese!


Step three: Sprinkle with optional spices - I would definitely recommend at least the salt, pepper, and cumin.

Step four: Fry in some butter, or if you're in a rush, throw it in the toaster oven, or microwave.

Step five: Top with guacamole and/or sour cream and DEVOUR!!



8 comments:

  1. This looks and sounds so good! Quesadillas are the best for a quick meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quesadillas! We like to add black beans to ours. I'm not sure that I would say that sour cream and guacamole are "optional" though!! They are mandatory for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. quesadillas are our fave around here. i'm going to have to try this.
    xxO

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks amazing! Quesadillas are a sure fire way to get my daughter to eat Mexican food, a staple in our house! I'll have to try this recipe on her soon.

    Thanks for sharing the yumminess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum...we love quesadillas at our house!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, they look amazing! I have't had mexican food for ages and I love it, so thanks for inspiring me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look amazing and now I'm hungry! You can bet I'll be making these this week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! My kids have learned to make these for themselves with refried beans - best snack ever!

    ReplyDelete