Friday, June 8, 2012

Pampered

It's nice to have a girlfriend to go do things with. It's even nicer to have a girlfriend who has the exact same due date as you, is also having a boy, and who lives just a mile away!

Yesterday, we went out on the town for a day of pampering. Yes, we got some looks: two pregnant ladies waddling around side by side... but it was fun! We started off with lunch and chocolate milkshakes at Big State Drug, a charming little diner inside of a drug store.


Then we went to get mani/pedis. This was a huge deal for me: I've only ever had my nails done twice in my life! I usually can't justify spending the money. But with Baby coming soon and not being able to reach my toes, I figured it was worth the splurge. And was it ever! I felt so pampered! 


I went with a super bright and cheerful color. Every time I look down at my nails, I smile!

Once we were all nice and rested and pampered, we shopped for baby! I got a super boring and practical diaper bag-- all black-- that both Max and I can carry around (nothing too girly, you know!). And we found Halo Sleepsacks at Burlington Coat Factory for just $9.99!! They sell for $20 everywhere else so we were excited!

All in all, it was a much-needed rest from getting the nursery ready. It was also so nice to gab about baby stuff and pregnancy stuff with someone who completely understood!

How do you like to pamper yourself?

12 comments:

  1. What a fun treat! SO glad you could get away for a bit...I'm the same when I get a manicure. I love looking at my nails afterward!
    Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet about you and your friend! I can only hope for the same when I get pregnant. :) Looks like yall had such a fun day together. I don't think I'd ever be able to do a pedicure though! My feet are way too ticklish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the follow on Treena Bean!
    I would love it if you'd also come and follow my lifestyle blog True Blue Abbi(:

    -XO Abbigayle Rashae
    -trueblueabbi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun and yes, so deserved!!

    I don't splurge much on myself. My hair is totally low maintenance, I don't color or anything, so for me a pedicure is my one fairly regular splurge - especially living in So Cal where we are in flip flops 90% of the year!

    I usually pick orange! (big surprise there) :-p

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like such a wonderful day!! I love the nail polish color you got!! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister and I were pregnant at the same time. It's much more fun to go through it with someone who understands. LOVE the nails!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a much needed and deserved day of R&R! I'm all about a mani/pedi for a good day of pampering too. And a massage never hurts! ;)

    Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun day Sarah. I was thinking of getting a mani/pedi (maybe on the feet--I'm pretty ticklish) after this move... Getting an underarm wax (for free) makes me feel pretty special too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute blog!

    To be honest, I've haven't pampered myself in quite a while, but it sounds like you deserve it with a baby on the way!!

    kmhaskin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to being there and pampering you too!! XXOO Mom

    ReplyDelete
  11. A little "me" time probably felt so good for you! And how wonderful that you have a friend who'd also pregnant with a boy. Sounds like a lot of play dates will be in your future. :)

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete