Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas markets

In my parents' little corner of the world (Alsace, France), Christmas markets are a big thing. Charming little booths are set up in the town's square and people sell everything from handmade pens to candles, to gingerbread, to jewelry, to ornaments. Oh, and food! There's always lots of good cheese, sausages, crepes, and chocolate treats. I'm putting on weight just thinking about it!

I'm having loads of fun with my family, and I hope you're all enjoying the holidays with your loved ones too!

10 comments:

  1. I also love Christmas markets! The spiced hot wine is so lovely and all the amazing little shops:) awww...Love!
    Kisses and enjoy your time there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!
    I've never been in Europe in December to catch the markets...hopefully one year. I hear they are so interesting...I'm with you, I'd have a hard time staying away from the food!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like heaven on earth! Happy Holidays! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. We lived in Germany for over 3 years and I absolutely loved the Christmas markets! Glad you're having a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I'm visiting my followers today to wish them all a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year from Homemaker Honey!

    Deborah
    Homemaker Honey
    homemakerhoney.com
    homemakerhoney @gmail .com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you to be in Europe for the holidays!!
    I'm loving the Christmas markets so much! the smells and sounds are so festive!
    I'm pretty sure I'm totally jealous! :)

    Have a lovely Xmas with your family! xoxx ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! I'm enjoying these updates, Sarah!

    Chandra
    @ShiftC

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like a fabulous place to spend christmas! enjoy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christmas in France???? Lucky girl you are and I must say I am a bit jealous! Looks like you had a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete