Thursday, December 2, 2010

Treat yourself

One day, when my mom picked me up from Kindergarten, she told me we were going to get a little treat before we went home. I was thrilled to discover that the treat was going to Thrifty's drugstore for an ice cream cone. I chose mint chip. (I'm still a sucker for good mint chip!)

Unfortunately for my mother, every day after that when she came to pick me up from school, I asked her: "Are we going to get a treat?". I think this went on for weeks, if not months. I wonder if she ever regretted that first treat? Haha.

Well, I'm in my twenties now and I still love a special treat now and again. Yesterday, I went to Starbucks during my lunch period for a gingerbread latte. I hardly ever leave the school like that but I was having a caffeine emergency and it had been several weeks since my last Starbucks splurge..... and it was SOOOO worth it.

For my next treat (or maybe from Santa?), I'd love these ADORABLE fingerless gloves from rumstadt:

What have you treated yourself to lately?

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful blog post! I started to think about the things I considered a "treat" when I was a young one and for me, it was a slurpee and nachos from 7-11. Although not as refined as a mint chip from Thrifty's but delicious, nonetheless :D I still get excited about stopping for a cold slurpee to top off a meal.

    As far as my future treat goes, I would love to get a new pair of nude pumps. I've had my eyes on a pair that I haven't made the jump to purchase just yet. But something tells me come Christmastime, they will be mine...oh yes, they will be mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby and I are on a tight budget, but I do treat myself once a month to a pedi. I have to, you know? It is such a stress relief and taking a little time for yourself is so beneficial. And now, I'm craving some mint chocolate chip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!!

    Those little treats are so necessary once in a while...they really make your day or keep you going.

    I love Starbucks for a "treat" too...Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Such a sweet post. My recent "treat" was new film for my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for self-treating. i do it once a week, at least (with little things like coffee, a cheap-o pair of earrings, cupcake...). & those fingerless gloves are lovely! very chic & not 'hobo' looking...hah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With all the kids I have running around here, and a husband who is an over the road trucker, I just want to be alone for longer than it takes to go to the bathroom!!! Even then I'm not alone half the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We too are on a tight budget. I happened to treat myself to one of the Cream Brulee Latte's HEAVEN - it's been weeks since I've had any fancy coffee so I really emjoyed it. I'm loving those gloves too!

    ReplyDelete