Thursday, December 30, 2010

Farewell to 2010


Dear 2010,

You were a year of risk-taking. While 2009 can claim life-altering events like our move to Texas, buying our first house, and getting our first puppy, you were a rather ho-hum year, which was the perfect time to take a few leaps of faith.

First, I got a sewing machine and taught myself how to make some stuff. I made my first baby hats (with little ears) and got addicted to the taste of triumph!

Then I held my breath and jumped in with both feet: I opened my etsy shop and turned my card-making hobby into something with some potential for profit!

Oh yeah, and the blog. You were a big year for me in terms of connecting with others and joining the crafting and blogging community at large!

And let's not forget that novel I finally started writing. I pick away at it just a bit at a time, but I'm gonna get there!

I'm glad you were here, 2010. I'm especially glad I ignored all of those inside voices that said I couldn't do it, that I wasn't good enough, and who did I think I was?

So now I can finish off the year feeling proud of myself and my "big" risks. Thanks, 2010. You've been great!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like 2010 was a really good year for you! I love your blog and your etsy shop!

    Here's to an even better year in 2011! ;)


    <3 Ashley
    www.ahastylife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful year!
    It's always good looking back and feeling a sense of accomplishment...
    Happy New Year!
    Wishing you all the best in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great couple of years! Glad to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete