Friday, February 3, 2012

Baby Book

Thanks to a generous gift card from my mom, I was able to buy the perfect little baby book. I've always been the sentimental sort - keeping all kinds of diaries and scrapbooks - so of course I had to find just the right baby book:


Don't you love it? It's from Rag and Bone Bindery and it's superbly well made. I can't wait to start filling it up. I look at my old baby book with absolute delight and I hope someday my child will do the same.

Providing, of course, that I have a sentimental-sort-of-child.

I'd also really like this once-a-year baby book too, but then again money doesn't grow on trees....

What about you? Did your mom make a baby book for you? Did you make one for your kids?

7 comments:

  1. That is so precious! I have a photo album of my baby years all packed away in a box somewhere. I still love going through it when I get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a "mommy journal" that I kept all thru my pregnancy... they were like little letters to Josie (with ultrasound pictures) :) and then when she was born we had a calendar that we kept notes on.. it was perfect!!! Your baby book is THE CUTEST THING EVER!!!! Oh my gosh!!!! <3
    You will love filling it up with milestones!!!!
    Congrats :)
    Happy Friday sweetie,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did keep a baby book for each of the boys, and now I have a journal for each that I jot down funny things they say or do. I've kind of been slack about writing in their journals lately. I need to do better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a sweet one! My mom kept baby books, but I think to this day they are still mostly unfinished. There are photos in pockets waiting to be glued to the pages and mine even has my first hair cut still wrapped in a paper town in another pocket. It's still sentimental though and I love it.

    I don't know if I'll keep a baby book for my kids. I definitely want to do something, but not sure what. I think I may just want to keep yearly photo albums for the family. That way, not only do I have a place to store and organize photos, it will be easy and fun to look back on the years we spent together. Ah - we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think a baby book is a wonderful future gift to a child for when they are grown up. I know I love to look at the one my Mom had for me. Just be diligent in filling it. I did one for my first baby, started one for my second and that was it. The other three babies never even had one! Sad! So don't put off keeping up with the book or your years will fly by, too! May God bless you and your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is such a cute baby book! love it!

    ReplyDelete