Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Garage Sale Score

My elementary school put on a garage sale last week to raise money for our students. I was so thrilled to find this little pillow with the word "joie" on it (meaning "joy" in French):


A few years ago, my mom gave me the other pillow "bonheur" (meaning happiness in French). I like these subtle reminders of my life in France... makes it feel more home-y!


Above this cozy chair are two of my favorite pictures of my husband and me:


What about you? Have you found any second-hand treasures lately?

PS: Have you entered the two giveaways yet? Click here and here to win!

8 comments:

  1. What a great find, and that it's meaningful AND beautiful makes it so much better! I haven't found any second-hand treasures lately (I'm on a shopping diet! Not going too well!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!! what a great little treasure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! and I love the feeling of finding something great :)
    the French pillows are just perfect for you! I found a lovely 2nd hand treasure of leather boots last week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those pillows! I might have to try making some like these for my new bedroom. I'm in the processes of completely starting over on it, with mostly DIY stuff of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! The pillows look cute together.

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing find, Sarah!!! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when I find something that goes perfectly with what I already have...like they were made to go together! Great pictures too! :)

    ReplyDelete