Friday, February 10, 2012

We're Having a ......


BOY!!

I went to the doctor on Wednesday but Max wasn't able to be there. So I told the doctor to write down the sex of the baby on a card and seal it in an envelope. That way, Max and I could open it and find out together that evening. (Ummmm, I was a bit distracted while I was teaching in the afternoon, thinking about that sealed envelope....)

Based on the blog poll I had going, most of you thought I was having a girl:


We are both overjoyed!! (We BOTH secretly were hoping for a boy....) And sooooo thankful that baby is healthy. In fact, our little one was taking it easy in there, chillin' with his ankles crossed. (Haha, definitely our kid!)

Now comes the fun part -- now that we know what we're having, I can start planning the nursery! Yay!!!

25 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Boys are marvellous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. boys are fun! Get ready to get messy : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you guys! and what a special way to find out together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you! It's fun to be a Mama to boys :) Also, how did I not know your husbands name was Max?! We talked about using that name with our youngest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Boys are the absolutel BEST!!! I love being the mommy of a boy - and boys LOVE their moms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay! congrats girlie! so excited for you! and love how you told us with the shoes : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy for you! Congratulations! And I love that you waited to share the news together. Oh, and the photo is just adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how very, very exciting!! Boys are SO much fun!! Can't wait to see what route you go with the nursery!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats! that is so exciting. thanks for stopping by the blog!

    http://lachapstickfanatique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!! :) So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats!!! I TOTALLY voted for a boy!! I knew it!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Trains, Snails & puppy dog tails - that's what little boys are made of! (I *think* that's how it goes....) so exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats!! Aww how fun... best wishes to you and your family : )
    Adina

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY!!! boys are SO.MUCH.FUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations!!
    I did the same thing with the shoes to announce that we were having a girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! Love the picture of the shoes and the way you had the doctor seal the exciting news in the envelope! What a thoughtful wife (and mommy)!

    ReplyDelete
  17. congrats on finding out the gender!! baby boys are soo fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats! Boys are the best... Although, I have three boys so I am a tad bit bias on the whole gender subject. They are wonderful though. There is nothing quite like the joy of raising a little boy. Especially for the mommy.

    ReplyDelete