Thursday, February 2, 2012

Valentine's Day Rice Krispie Treats

I'm happy to share with you a fun and EASY recipe you can whip up for Valentine's Day. The kids can even help out!



Here's what you'll need:





10 oz. marshmallows
3 Tbsps butter or margarine
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
16 oz almond bark (or melt-able chocolate)
Heart shaped sprinkles (or in my case, left over red and white sprinkles from Christmas. But do it right people - spring for the cutesie sprinkles!!)
wax paper

Directions:


1. Melt butter over low-medium heat.
2. Dump in marshmallows and stir until it looks like yummy ooey-gooey soup.
3. Pour in 6 cups of Rice Krispies, then stir.
4. Press into a GREASED 9x13 pan. Let cool (or put it in the freezer for five minutes).


5. When cooled, lift the entire contents of the pan with a spatula and place on wax paper. I promise you this is easier than it sounds!

6. Start pressing those cookie cutters and making hearts. Trim away the excess and try not to shove it directly into your mouth. Instead, shove the excess into a cookie cutter, molding   into a heart by hand if necessary. (The excess ones will be less pretty but still delicious!)
7. Melt your pound of chocolate, then dip in half a heart, one at a time. Sprinkle with fun sprinkles right away before the chocolate hardens.

8. Display on a platter and admire your handiwork before your family starts grabbing them!

9 comments:

  1. Yum! Those look amazing, Sarah! I love rice crispy treats and adding chocolate only makes them better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!! I'll definitely have to make these this year. And I agree, the cute sprinkles are always better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea!

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These looks so yummy and festive!!

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stole your idea and because I didn't have a heart-shaped cookie cutter, I used a knife to spell: I (heart) U

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE Rice Krisipie bars!!! Num, num.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite way to have rice krispies!

    ReplyDelete