Friday, April 27, 2012

Little Luxuries

If there's one thing that makes me feel like a pampered grownup (instead of a college dorm student or a broke newlywed), it's nice soap.

This is what my practical husband likes to buy for our household soap - for the kitchen, the guest bathroom, and our master bathroom:


There's nothing "wrong" with this soap per se... it gets the job done. But it doesn't leave me feeling all pampered and luxurious. And since I'm peeing like every twenty minutes these days (TMI?), it would be nice to wash my hands with a little touch of class. Like with one of these soaps:


1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
(Collage made with iPiccy)

But then I have to face the inevitable question: "You paid HOW MUCH for this soap?" And my logical, reasonable, common-sense side concedes to his point. It's just soap after all. But.... it does make me feel all fancy :)

What about you? Do you have a little luxury you like to indulge?

7 comments:

  1. i love cute soaps in the bathroom...my mom does too, so we gift each other soap for birthdays and Christmas so we don't have to feel bad spending money on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally relate to this! My thrifty side often gets the best of me and I compromise with Dial foaming hand soap (the packaging is fairly low key and foam = fancy-esque in this head). But one of my favorite gifts is fancy soap (esp. Archipelago Botanicals) and a candle because I won't buy those two things for myself, though they make me quite happy. Where's the logic in that? Haha. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute post!! I think my husband would use any kind of soap but I like the ones from Bath & Body Works which isn't luxurious but is a happy medium.

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice soap does make one "feel fancy",which is why I always feel compelled to grab and take home the unused hotel soaps! (that and the fact that I'm cheap!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be a guy thing! My husband always wants to buy that one too - "look how much we get for $5". Me: no thanks, it does get the job done, but it smells funny if you ask me (at least the regular scented one). I look for the sales at Bath & Body and Homegoods is a great place to score some "fancy" ones at minimal cost.

    I'm all about the color and the scent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly what you mean. That's why I spoil myself with Bath and Body Works soap from time to time (during a sale).

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the same soap my husband buys for the same reason!
    My luxury indulgence is Godiva chocolate. It just calls my name when I'm in the stores that sell it!

    ReplyDelete