Friday, April 13, 2012

Sick Day

Friends, I'm taking a sick day from blogging. Instead of feeling pressured to deliver something amazing (or even decent), I'm just going to take it easy.

I've had a nasty cold/cough that's lasted for about a week now. I haven't wanted to take a sick day from work because my sick days = my maternity leave. And those days are precious! I even went in to school yesterday even though I had completely lost my voice! My students were endearing, though: they suggested drinking coke, clearing my throat, and eating corn (???) to help my throat feel better.

In the meantime, I am *trying* to get some rest - I end up waking up every 1 to 2 hours at night though from being sick. Good practice for when the baby comes?

Hope your weekend is fantastic!!

9 comments:

  1. hope you feel better girl!! and i totally agree that it's nice to take a break from blogging once in awhile!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon Sarah!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely, eat corn (popped and with caramel) and get well quick! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha...corn. They're great, aren't they? Hope you feel better very soon! I woke up with a sore throat this morning and 3 IEP meetings on my schedule...I feel ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :-( sorry to hear you're sick...that's not any fun!! Rest up this weekend and get well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sarah, I hate to hear that you're sick! Feel better so soon and keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're allowed to have a sick blog day, but you have to get well quick! Easier said than done, I know.

    ReplyDelete