Thursday, April 12, 2012

My, um, Style...

This month's inspiration workshop prompt is My Style. This is an out-of-my-comfort-zone kind of post for me to write. I've never done a "what I wore Wednesday" outfit post or anything like that.

Frankly, my approach to fashion can be summed up this way:

1. How much does it cost?
2. Does it fit? Is it comfortable?
3. Is it flattering?

I end up shopping a lot at thrift stores and clearance sales. And I'm perfectly okay with that!

However, if you were to give me a blank check and tell me to get a new wardrobe, there are some stores I would definitely hit up: Down East Basics, Naturalizer, Fransesca's Collections, Gap, and Ann Taylor Loft.

And of course, I would love to accessorize solely from handmade shops!

But these days, seven months pregnant and practically waddling, I go for comfort:


What about you? What's your style?

Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

8 comments:

  1. how adorable are you looking, and your sweet bump! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! I think I'm with you on the questions I ask when shopping...how much? is it comfy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so cute! My approach is the same as yours anymore. The only difference is that my jewelry is made by me/vintage from my grandmother, and I love crazy looking shoes. Once upon a time, shoes had no price limit for me. Haha. :)

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet picture! I have no style!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are too adorable! :) love the white glasses! i like anne taylor loft too!

    my job limits what i wear to work, so mostly jeans and comfy shirts, but not t-shirts, & always closed toe flat shoes.
    weekends are a lot of dresses & cardigans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your baby bump! I have a very similar style. My very first question is always, "How much is it?" I used to not care too much until I started staying home. Now, I have to have a pretty good reason to go shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there. Following you now from Mom2MemphisandRuby. What I great idea she is doing for you all.

    Mommie...Again
    http://mommieagain.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all - how cute do you look! I love the shirt color and those sunglasses! I'm totally with you on the "how much is it" and the "is it comfortable?" I'm over the painful shoes, tight-fighting clothes, etc. I want to feel comfortable and most importantly - dress for my personality. There's nothing worse for me than wearing clothes that doesn't represent me as a creative. It's weird but I love being seen that way. So, I mix a lot of colors, wear different prints, bright colored shoes, etc.

    ReplyDelete