Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Day in the Life

Today's inspiration workshop prompt from Gussy is "a day in your life". When I saw this, I was immediately torn. A day in WHICH life? 

You see, I lead two completely different lives. I'm a special education teacher, so there are two of me: Summer Sarah, and School Sarah.

Meet Summer Sarah:

Summer Sarah is relaxed. She keeps the house clean, she does laundry, she even cooks. She has all the time in the world to blog, to make her cards, to try stuff on the sewing machine, to read great novels. Fridays and Sundays mean nothing to her! She gets to spend every moment with her husband and they laugh a lot. Summer Sarah is very happy.

Meet School Sarah:

School Sarah is stressed out. Yes, she LOVES her job, but she is always busy, tired, and at times a little overwhelmed. She thinks there's not enough time in the day to get everything done and this is exasperating to her. Working out becomes more of a chore. And household duties? Forget it! Fridays are her best friend and Sunday nights are her worst enemy. She doesn't get to see her husband as often, and this makes her sad. School Sarah misses Summer Sarah VERY much.

What about you? What's a day in your life look like?

Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

20 comments:

  1. I pray this changes for you and School Sarah does better this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I don't become too crazy of a School Megan this year. Summer Megan was so chilled out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is great... Almost how I feel when my daughter goes back to school and I'm juggling it, girl scouts, gymnastics, etc. :-) It'd be nice if Summer Sarah shared some calming vibes with School Sarah this year. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer really is the best season! I wish it could be summer all year long :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to laugh a little when I read this because I'm married to a 3rd grade teacher, and he leads a remarkably similar life :) Plus, the "freak out and cry a little" sign? Genius! Glad I could stop over from Gussy this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally hear ya - we have a bunch of school teacher friends and we hear the same thing! Hoping your summer is so totally refreshing to gear up for the next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same two lives... I run an in-home daycare for teachers' children so i have the same schedule as they do. That means summer is laid back and relaxing. Household chores are put aside during the school year in my house too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! I know Freak Out and Cry a Little thanks to my days as a 3rd grade teacher. Hope you're enjoying your summer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't do well with School Sarah either(meaning when I'm in school myself)! Unless, of course, it's when I'm volunteering at the preschool with the adorable children! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! love the two ways of capturing that. I have such a heart for teachers. Your shop and blog are great!! glad you found me on gussy! i'm happy to be following you now on here and twitter! OH! and the next person whose has a birthday is getting that Amy Butler Garden Butterfly card, so freakin beautiful!!!

    Ashley
    @AMarieWilson
    http://laluceimagery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The "Freak Out and Cry a Little" made me laugh... I feel like I have been doing a lot lately :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog... it's nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was a special ed teacher so I completely understand the freak out and cry thing. I do not think people fully understand how mentally exhausting the job can be at times.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That second print is perfect! I'm a 'freak out and cry a little' sort of person most of the time. Always pushing myself too hard.

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/MandyCrandell

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute. I feel like I should hang that "Freak out and cry a little" poster in front of my desk just to make me feel a little bit better about the fact that freaking out happens every once in awhile! Thank you so much for your sweet comment about my little sex myth!


    <3 your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha that was seriously SO funny. You teachers are the BOMB.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm just like you, SpEd teacher, so I'm a summer Elizabeth and School Elizabeth. Oy...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my Sarah...you sound just like my niece who is a special ed. teacher for a private autism school in Burbank, CA. Right now she is on her last week of summer school and then she has a much needed 4 week break. I'll have to share your post with her today. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Fondly, Roberta
    www.loveshackliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Maybe this year you'll be able to bring a little more Summer Sarah into your classroom. :) You should give it a try!

    ReplyDelete