Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Knock-your-socks-off Chickpea Tacos

I was digging through one of my mother-in-law's cookbooks this summer when I came across this Chickpea Taco recipe. I'm a sucker for anything involving avocado, so I thought I'd give it a try. I was NOT disappointed! (Hubby loved it too!)



This recipe is easy and fast! As a bonus, it's vegan! I'm not a vegan and don't pretend to be (I can't live without cheese.... oh how I love me some cheese!) but it's nice to eat a meatless meal once in a while. It makes me think I'm healthier!

Knock-your-socks-off Chickpea Tacos

Ingredients:
  • 1 avocado, peeled/pitted/diced
  • 1 15 oz can of chickpeas (aka: garbanzo beans)
  • 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
  • 4 tsp lime juice
  • 1 clove garlic minced
  • 8 corn taco shells
  • 2 cups baby salad greens
  • 1 cup prepared salsa
  • 1/2 cup sour cream

Directions:
  • Mash avocado with a fork
  • Stir in chickpeas, cilantro, lime juice and garlic
  • Season to taste with salt and pepper
  • Fill each shell with 1/4 cup chickpea-avocado mixture, some salad greens, salsa, sour cream
  • Enjoy at room temperature or cold!

8 comments:

  1. umm i am salivating right now!!! looks soo good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try these tonight. A great vegan recipe too if you take out the sour cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bookmarked this to try later! I'm thinking if you mashed up the chickpeas too, it would make a good dip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously? That looks HEAVENLY. Why haven't I thought of that combo before. Thanks for the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh. i am starring this. i love chickpeas. i love tacos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This definitely looks doable. I'm going to try it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I will definitely be trying these! Thanks for linking up...going to pin this one :)

    ReplyDelete