This recipe is easy and fast! As a bonus, it's vegan! I'm not a vegan and don't pretend to be (I can't live without cheese.... oh how I love me some cheese!) but it's nice to eat a meatless meal once in a while. It makes me think I'm healthier!
Knock-your-socks-off Chickpea Tacos
- 1 avocado, peeled/pitted/diced
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas (aka: garbanzo beans)
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 4 tsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 8 corn taco shells
- 2 cups baby salad greens
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Mash avocado with a fork
- Stir in chickpeas, cilantro, lime juice and garlic
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Fill each shell with 1/4 cup chickpea-avocado mixture, some salad greens, salsa, sour cream
- Enjoy at room temperature or cold!